2013 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blast Off! The new assembled in U.S.A. Raptor 700 gives new meaning to the phrase “affordable high performance”.
Now on the launching pad, the new 2013 Yamaha Raptor 700, delivering precise handling and all the power of the Raptor 700R... all at a price that can't be beat by any big bore sport ATV.
2013 Yamaha Raptor 700 Review
2013 Yamaha Raptor 700 Key Features:
• New aggressive styling makes the Raptor 700 look as menacing as it really is. The mighty Raptor 700 is ready to go whether the destination is the dunes, the trails or the track.
• Powered by our most potent big-bore Raptor engine ever – 686cc of liquid cooled, fuel-injected power. The engine produces big torque right off idle, transitioning into a fat mid-range and monstrous top-end.
• Big power and lightweight, a combination that makes any ATV rider take notice, is standard on the Raptor 700, with a hybrid steel aluminum frame and Controlled-Fill aluminum sub-frame and cast aluminum swingarm combining to produce a super-strong structure and the lightest ATV in its class.
• A thick comfortable seat provides excellent comfort while the dual counterbalancers, electric starting, and reverse keep things nice and civilized when needed, but when it comes time to pull the trigger the big-bore Raptor 700 stands tall.
• The YFZ inspired handling of the Raptor 700 is incredible to experience blasting through the woods. Thanks to the 9.1 inches of front travel and 10.1 inches out back, the trail bumps smooth out while the rider keeps things under control. With the combination of power, solid handling, and a great suspension this machine has to be experienced to be fully appreciated.
2013 Yamaha Raptor 700 Features and Benefits:
New for 2013:
• New aggressive styling enhances the Raptor 700’s menacing looks.
• New Maxxis® tires deliver class leading traction.
• Twin piston rear brake caliper is added all around for excellent stopping power.
• The Raptor 700 is proudly assembled in the U.S.A., alongside Yamaha’s 4x4 and Side x Side utility vehicles.
• Forged lightweight piston, connecting rod and crankshaft in the 686cc engine are light and strong, for a hard-hitting, quick-revving powerplant that revs all the way to 9000 rpm. Dual counterbalancers keep it smooth.
• Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) means consistently excellent engine performance in a wide range of conditions, elevations and temperatures.
• Competition-spec dry-sump lubrication system boosts usable horsepower and keeps overall engine size more compact.
• Digital TCI w/16-bit electronic control unit controls fuel injection and ignition systems for consistent performance and fantastic throttle response.
• Reliable pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
• Race-bred five-speed transmission with reverse, along with Raptor 700’s monstrous powerband, means there’s a choice of gears in just about all situations.
• YZ-spec ratchet shifter ensures smooth, resistance-free shifting under power. Heavy-duty clutch features extra-sturdy basket and plates designed to harness the Raptor 700’s power.
• Easy-to-reach oil filter and tool-free air filter provide added convenience.
• State-of-the-art chassis combines a steel front section with an aluminum rear section and detachable subframe to create a super-strong structure.
• Compact, CAD-designed chassis creates the ideal wheelbase for light, quick, super-accurate steering.
• YZ-style piggyback rear shock gives 10.1-inch wheel travel along with preload adjustment.
• Twin aluminum-piston front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power. Discs are drilled, which helps reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension compliance.
• New twin piston rear brake caliper is added for excellent stopping power on the trail or in the dunes.
• Cast aluminum swingarm carries an eccentric quick-adjust drive chain mechanism that takes most of the work out of that task.
• Handlebar-mounted flip-type parking brake lever.
• High-performance 21x7-10 front and 20x10-9 rear Maxxis® tires with a specially designed tread pattern deliver superb, class-leading traction for razor-sharp handling in a variety of terrain and conditions.
• Lightweight aluminum wheels help enhance suspension performance by reducing unsprung weight.
• Race-inspired 45mm serrated foot pegs provide excellent boot traction.
• Controlled-fill aluminum subframe is light and strong. So is the composite front grab bar.
• Inner rolled wheels reduce weight while maintaining strength.
• Long, YZ-style seat allows maximum rider comfort and movement with superb sport-riding ergonomics.
• Multireflector 30-watt Krypton headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect no-compromises sporting accent, and an LED taillight provides great visibility.
• Large-capacity, 2.9-gallon fuel tank and Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) mean more time on the trail between fill-ups.
• Thumb throttle lever has a smooth shape for a feel riders will appreciate, with less fatigue at the end of the day.
2013 Yamaha Raptor 700
USA MSRP: $7,699 (White w/Graphics Kit) Available from June 2012
Type 686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves
Bore x Stroke 102.0mm x 84.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Fuel Delivery Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) , 44mm
Ignition 16-Bit ECU
Starting System Electric
Transmission 5-speed w/reverse; wet multiplate clutch
Drive Train 2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment
Suspension / Front Independent double wishbone and threaded 5-way preload adjustment, 9.1-in travel
Suspension / Rear Cast aluminum swing arm w/rebound and threaded preload adjustment, 10.1-in travel
Brakes / Front Dual ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston
Brakes / Rear Ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston
Tires / Front AT21 x 7-10
Tires / Rear AT20 x 10-9
L x W x H 72.6 x 45.5 x 43.9 in
Seat Height 32.7 in
Wheelbase 50.4 in
Ground Clearance 4.4 in
Fuel Capacity 2.9 gal
Wet Weight 422 lb
Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 3.9/0.5W LED brakelight
Warranty 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
Auto Insurance Information
State Farm® has offered motorcycle insurance for 40 years
Protection for the Open Road
The open road is always an adventure. You never know what might be around the bend. So make sure you're prepared for whatever the road has in store for you, with a State Farm motorcycle insurance policy.
Motorcycles Covered by State Farm
We will consider any factory-built motorcycle, motorscooter, and other two or three-wheel vehicles including minibikes and trail bikes licensed for use on public roads.
Available Coverage Options
= Bodily injury to someone else or property damage that you accidentally caused while riding your motorcycle. =
= Bodily injury to yourself because of an accident with an uninsured motorist. =
= Damage to your motorcycle caused by an accident. =
= Theft, fire, vandalism, and other losses even while your motorcycle is in storage for the winter. =
= Customization work, such as paint or upgraded components =
= Attached side cars. =
Note: This is only a general description of available coverages and is not a statement of contract. All coverages are subject to policy provisions and applicable endorsements. For further information on motorcycle insurance see a State Farm Agent.