Through the Tough Stuff with Selectable 4WD
The Mule™ 610 4x4 is a standard Mule 600 with a big advantage: selectable four-wheel drive. The added traction of 4WD, combined with the 610 4x4’s go-anywhere personality, make it a true workhorse on the job or at play, and one that costs far less to purchase and own than you’d imagine. An added bonus is the Mule 610 4x4’s easy transportability, as it fits easily into the bed of a full-sized pickup. This versatility and affordability make the 610 4x4 a serious bang-for-the-buck utility machine.
When the going gets tough, the going requires 4-wheel drive. So it’s great to know that the ultimate job site companion, the Mule™ 610 4x4 offers an extra boost of functionality due to its selectable four-wheel drive. It includes all the great, easy-to-use features of the Mule 600, so the 610 4x4 represents a great value – it is a truly versatile and durable utility vehicle. And because it easily fits into the bed of a full-sized pickup truck, the Mule 610 4x4 is easy to transport to remote job sites.
The Mule 610 4x4 starts off on the right foot with its dependable single-cylinder four-stroke engine and continuously variable transmission (CVT). The large-diameter steel tube frame is mated to an independent front suspension and a swing-axle rear suspension. True to its practical nature, there is plenty of user-friendly hardware, including automotive-type controls, a gear selector within easy reach on the dashboard, two large cup holders and a passenger-side glove box and grab handle. More storage space is located beneath the hinged front hood.
The Mule 610 4x4’s durable air-cooled, single-cylinder 401cc four-stroke engine maintains an ideal operating temperature with the help of an efficient cooling fan. An enrichening system that partially opens the throttle during ignition makes for easy engine starts. It can be started in forward or reverse gear, provided the brake is applied. It also utilizes rear wheel mud flaps to minimize mud and debris clogging the engine area.
Owners will surely appreciate the knowledge that the Mule 610 4x4 comes equipped with an efficient and durable CVT along with a long-lasting drive belt coupled with a dependable, low-maintenance shaft drive to best deliver the engine’s power and get it out of slippery situations. Perhaps the most useful aspect of the Mule 610 4x4 is the selectable four-wheel drive system that makes this vehicle virtually unstoppable thanks to the high- and low-range forward and reverse gears. A lockable dual-mode rear differential and a limited-slip front differential expand its traction abilities in adverse terrain.
The Mule 610 4x4 rides on a MacPherson strut front suspension, while rear suspension duties are handled by a unit swing-axle. Triple-sealed hydraulic drum brakes at all four wheels provide ample stopping power, and large 24-inch tires provide improved off-road handling. A plastic front differential/axle guard and steel rear differential guard are standard, and help protect important powertrain components.
Bright 35-watt headlights mean the job can start before sunrise or continue after sunset. Increasing its work versatility is the 400-pound-capacity tilting cargo bed that features secure, easy to fasten tailgate latches. The Mule 610 4x4 can tow up to 1,100 pounds with an optional Kawasaki trailer hitch installed. Popular accessories include an enclosed cab, snow plow, winch and soft or hard tops. These and many other Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
2012 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 Features and Benefits:
At A Glance…
- Rugged and compact 4x4 off-road utility vehicle
- Can be easily transported in the back of a full-size pickup truck
- Can tow up to 1,100 lbs. with optional Kawasaki trailer hitch installed
Fan-Cooled, Single-Cylinder Engine
- Simple, lightweight, durable and quiet 401cc four-stroke engine
- Modern four-stroke overhead valve design for efficient running and good fuel economy
- Fan cooling helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
- Choke opens throttle during starting so accelerator pedal does not need to be depressed
- Can be started in gear by stepping on the brake pedal
Gear-Driven Engine Balancer
- Balance weight moves opposite the piston, dramatically reducing vibration, minimizing noise and wear
- Maximizes operator comfort and diminishes fatigue
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
- Carburetor settings reduce exhaust emissions
- Positive crankcase ventilation system recycles blow-by gases to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
- Muffler has USFS-approved spark arrestor
- California models have a check valve on the fuel tank/charcoal canister connector hose to prevent gasoline from entering the canister when operating on inclines or over rough terrain
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
- Simple and lightweight CVT is fully automatic and keeps engine speed in the most efficient range for any selected vehicle speed, load or terrain
- Fully automatic transmission with selectable 2
- or 4-wheel drive
- An open-sided drive pulley cools effectively for long belt life
- Belt deflection can be easily adjusted by changing the shim thickness of the adjuster bolt located on the outside of the driven converter
- Cooling air flows in from a vent in the cab frame through a special air filter, which keeps out water and dust for increased belt life
- Exhaust duct design prevents contact with the frame
- Long-wearing double cog CVT belt
- Locked mode for maximum traction in difficult conditions
- Unlocked mode decreases turning radius and minimizes ground disturbance – great for use on grass
- Rack-and-pinion steering helps keep steering light and accurate, which makes maneuvering in tight working quarters a snap
- Durable, simple and easy to maintain
MacPherson Strut Independent Front Suspension
- Comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
- Simple, rugged single A-arm design offers tight turning radius for extra maneuverability
Unit Swingarm Rear Suspension
- Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a mid-point pivot
- Isolates vibration
- Can handle heavy loads, yet provides comfortable ride even with an empty cargo bed
- Large 24-inch tires feature a tread pattern that offers good off-road traction and ride quality while keeping tire wear low
- Self-adjusting, hydraulic drum brakes at all four wheels provide ample stopping power
- Front grille includes space for mounting a 3,000-pound-capacity winch
- Compact, lightweight and easy to transport to the job; easily fits in the bed of a full-sized pickup
- Bench seat is spacious and comfortable for two
- Durable plastic body panels resist dents, while color is molded in for long-lasting good looks
- Meets Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
- Two seat belts
- Speed limited to 25 mph
- Large storage tub under the hood with four D-rings to secure the load
- Passenger side glove box
- Cup holders located at each side of the front hood by the dash
Tilting Cargo Bed
- Steel cargo bed can carry up to 400 pounds and tilts for quick unloading
- Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce vibration and noise, and add durability
- Crankcase oil level dipstick
- Dual element air cleaner
- CVT cover has a convenient drain plug
- Automotive-style dash designed for ease of use with easy to reach controls
- Standard equipment hour meter makes maintenance intervals easy to track
- Fuel gauge
- Oil temperature warning light
- Gear selector for High, Low, Neutral and Reverse
- Differential locking lever
- Convenient parking brake
- Headlight switch for powerful and stylish 35w headlights
Popular Accessory Items
- Soft or Hard Top
- Enclosed Cab
- Snow Plow
US MSRP*: $7,399 USD
Canadian MSRP*: $TBA CDN
Engine Four-stroke, air-cooled single
Bore x Stroke 82 x 76mm
Compression ratio 8.6:1
Carburetor Nikki 6C1026
Air filter Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element
Oil filter Automotive-type spin-on canister
Ignition Magneto and transistor
Electrical 12V DC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator
Transmission Continuously variable transmission with high and low range, plus reverse
Final drive Shaft-driven selectable four-wheel drive, dual-mode rear differential
Exhaust Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
Front Tire Size 24x9-10 tubeless
Rear Tire Size 24x11-10 tubeless
Front suspension / wheel travel Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.1 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel Unit swing axle / 3.1 in.
Steering Rack and pinion
Brakes Four-wheel hydraulic drums, triple sealed
Fuel capacity 4.1 gal.
Dry weight 1,010 lbs.
Overall length 108.8 in.
Overall width 52.6 in.
Overall height 70.9 in.
Wheelbase 70.0 in.
Ground clearance 6.7 in.
Roll over protective structure (ROPS) This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH) 41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6 in. / 8.08 cu. ft.
Load capacity 926 lbs.
Cargo Bed Capacity 400 lbs.
Towing capacity 1,100 lbs.
Turning radius 10.8 ft.
Top speed 25 mph, governed
Instruments Oil temperature meter, hour meter, 35w headlights, taillight and stoplight
Color Choices Super Black, Dark Royal Red, Woodsman Green
Warranty 12 Months
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12 or 24 months
*Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.
Auto Accident Lawyers Information
The Law Offices of
WILSON, KEHOE and Winingham LLC
Indiana Brain Injury Lawyer Wilson, Kehoe & Winingham Website - Brain Injury, Spinal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Car Accidents
2859 N Meridian St
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Telephone: (317) 920-6400
2901 East Main Street
Richmond, IN 47374
Telephone: (765) 962-9113